September smash ultimate tournament
Test your skills at our monthly Smash Ultimate tournament! Enter for a chance to win cash
and other great prizes!
Entry Fee: $20
($10 Venue Fee / $10 Prize Pool)
Prize Pool Split: 60 | 30 | 10
Click the Sign-Up Button to enter the bracket online!
SMASH ULT RULE SET:
Check-In starts at 2:00pm - Tournament starts at 3:00pm
Bring your Nintendo Switch Set-Up for us to use in the tournament and receive $10 OFF your Entry Fee! *Set-ups must include dock, Nintendo Switch, and cables. Discount available until all stations are filled.
60% of Prize Pool
10 hours of Game Time
Customized Gold Trophy
25% of Prize Pool
5 hours of Game Time
Customized Silver Trophy
15% of Prize Pool
3 hours of Game Time
You can register for the tournament in-store, over the phone, or online via Challonge! Click the link below to enter the bracket online!
Tournament Entry: $20 per person
($10 Venue Fee + $10 Entry Fee)
Spectators: $5 per person
RULES & SETTINGS:
[Game Version] Super Smash Bros Ultimate - US Nintendo Switch
- Double Elimination
- 2/3 Games
(Winners/Losers Finals play best of 5)
- 3 Stock / 8 Minutes
- Custom Moves Off, Items Off, Equipment Off, Handicap Off, Pause Off, Damage Ratio 1.0x, All DLC Characters are Legal, Spirits OFF, FS Meter OFF, Damage Handicap OFF
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that players bring their own controllers. Wireless controllers are banned from tournament play; all controllers MUST be able to connect to the console via USB C wire.
* Please Note that wirelessly connecting your controller will NOT be allowed at any point during the tournament.
If you do not have a controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller/Nintendo GameCube Controller will be provided to you. However in-house controllers (and USB C wires) are in limited supply - it is not guaranteed that one will be available for your match.
1. Game 1: Players play a best of 1 Rock Paper Scissors match for stage striking. Winner strikes 1, loser strikes 2, and winner chooses what's left.
2. Game 2-5: Winner bans 3 stages, loser picks from remaining stages.
2a. If the loser of Game 1 wins Game 2, the player who won Game 1 may choose stage they won on provided it's not banned.
Pokemon Stadium 2
Town & City
Kalos Pokemon League
1. Pause setting should be off. However, pausing is only legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game. If the pause causes the opponent to lose a stock, the player who pauses forfeits 2 stocks.
2. If a game ends with a self-destruct move, the results screen will determine the winner. If a sudden death occurs, standard sudden death rules apply.
3. Stalling or intentionally making the game unplayable is banned and will result in immediate disqualification.
4. If a game goes to Sudden Death, the winner is determined by stocks and percentage at the time the game ends. If both players are tied in stocks, the player with the lower percentage is the winner. In the event of a percentage tie, or a game in which both players lose their last stock simultaneously, a 1 stock tiebreaker will be played with a 3 minute time limit. The results of an in-game 300% Sudden Death do not count. If Sudden Death occurs in a Sudden Death game, this process is repeated.
5. You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
6. Amiibos are banned from tournament play.
7. Players who are late to their match at any point during the tournament will risk immediate disqualification. Players will be given a 3 minute buffer after their match is called. Players who fail to make an appearance after the 3 minute mark will be disqualified from the tournament.
8. Coaching is strictly prohibited. Any players caught coaching others will be immediately disqualified and also risk disqualifying the player who is receiving coaching.
* Any violation of the aforementioned rules, terms, and conditions, will be subject to immediate disqualification/ejection from the Tournament and or League.
Good luck & have fun!
Sign up for our
NEXT lock-in today!
Don't miss out on our epic all night gaming marathon! Registration includes entry into the
Lock-In and any of its related events.
7:00pm on 09/27/19 and receive
$10 OFF your Entry Fee!
At The Door: $40
Hang with fellow night owls at our Lock-In event! Our all night LAN party starts at 10:00pm and ends at 8:00am the following day, so prepare for an epic gaming marathon!
Date: 09/27/19 - 09/28/19
Time: 10:00pm (Fri) - 8:00am (Sat)
Place: Glitch Gaming Lounge | 300 E Centre, STE 2, Portage MI 49002
(email) [email protected]
Registration: Seats are sold on a first come first serve basis. Please Pre-Register in order to secure your seats ahead of time. Attendees who choose to pay At-The-Door should be aware that there may not be seats available on the day of the event.
Online Registration: https://glitchgaming.io/lock-in
Pre-Registration Cost: $30 per person
At the Door Cost: $40 per person
*YOU MUST BE 16+ IN ORDER TO ATTEND THIS EVENT.*
"What's a Lock-In?"
- A lock-in is a 10 hour gaming marathon that starts at 10:00PM Friday evening and ends at 8:00AM Saturday morning. You are more than welcome to leave at your leisure, but you will not be allowed re-entry once you have left the premises.
"What happens at a Lock-In?"
- We organize all different kinds of activities during the event, such as mini-tournaments, FFAs, meet-ups, and raids. We also have a pizza party at midnight!
"What tournaments/events do you offer?"
* Overwatch FFA Deathmatch
* Super Smash Bros Ultimate
* Beat Saber VR
"Are there prizes?"
- Yep! We give out a bunch of great prizes for our competitions.
"Are we allowed to bring our own rig/consoles?"
- Yes! However BYO spaces are limited so please check with staff before bringing your stuff!
How to Book Seats:
You may sign up in-store, over the phone, or online! (Please visit: https://glitchgaming.io/lock-in for online registration!)
We work on a first come, first serve basis. We strongly encourage you to call ahead to see how many seats are left. You must pay at the time of your reservation.
We highly recommend booking early if you'd like to make a group reservation!
*Please note that we will close at 7:00PM on the date of the Lock-In in order to prepare for the event.*